Works on survey field crew. Entry level position in Surveying and Mapping Field.
Roles and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing manual labor tasks on survey crew. Tasks may include, but not limited to: brush clearing, caring of survey equipment, setting of survey stakes and monuments
- Will be instructed in the use of sigh and level poles, metal locator, manual measuring devices and other related survey field duties.
- Loading and insuring that field vehicles is equipped with supplies. Cleans and provides general maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, officials and the public.
- Ability and agility to perform various labor tasks in all weather conditions and various environmental atmospheres
Not required but desirable:
- Knowledge in the use of and identification of survey equipment and supplies.
- Knowledge of the proper use of plum bob, sight and level poles, metal locator, manual measuring devices and other manual tools.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of employment with in this classification.
- Be able to use shovel, machete and other manual labor tools to perform related survey task
Our survey department is one of the most experienced in Central Florida, providing survey services for over 67 years to public and private clients on a wide range of project types, including shopping centers, hospitals, business parks, roadways, colleges, parks, airports, and parking lots. Our field crews are equipped with the latest Trimble robotic total stations and Trimble GPS receivers. Qualified applicants upload resume with application or send your resume to Kaitlin Irmscher, email@example.com