JOB TITLE: SURVEY TECHNICIAN
This position will work on the survey field crew. It is an entry level position in Surveying and Mapping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs manual labor tasks on survey crew. Task may include, but not limited to,
- brush clearing,
- caring of survey equipment,
- setting of survey stakes and monuments.
- Use sight and level poles, metal locator, manual measuring devices and other related survey field duties
- Loads and insures that field vehicle is equipped with supplies.
- Cleans and provides general maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic math.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, officials and the public.
- Ability and agility to perform various labor task in all weather conditions and various environmental atmospheres.
- Ability to use shovel, machete and other manual labor tools to perform the related survey task.
- Knowledge in the use of and identification of survey equipment and supplies.
- Knows the proper use of plum bob, sight and level poles, metal locator, manual measuring devices and other manual labor tools
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of employment with in this classification.
ESTIMATED TRAINING PERIOD
- Six months
- Will receive instruction on the use of sight and level poles, metal locator, manual measuring devices and other related survey field duties.