- Planning, conducting, and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work
- Requires judgment in independent evaluation and selection of project elements, systems and processes
- Able to document and defend basis for how decisions were reached
- Actively pursue continuing education opportunities to maintain a high level of technical proficiency
- Listen and understand client/project needs and develop responsive engineering solutions while maintaining schedules and budgets
- Represent the firm in project related meetings. This may require travel during the day or overnight trips
- Prepare proposals
- May supervise and/or coordinate the work of engineers or technicians
- Be cross-functional. As workflow demands change it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles
- Lead and/or participate in firm marketing efforts. Not limited to, but may include attending various marketing events and functions.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with clients, partnering teams, and community stakeholders
- Qualified candidates must have at least 6 years of experience in a consulting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – Master’s Preferred
- Must have a Florida PE or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Must have demonstrated evaluation/design experience in one or more of the following areas:
Site grading and earthwork
Stormwater design and modeling (ICPR preferred)
Project entitlements (zoning, land use and permitting)
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
- Must have strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have experience working closely on a team as well as independently
- Must have effective time management skills and the ability to delegate work to others when needed
- Must exhibit a high sense of personal motivation and urgency coupled with appropriate action
Other activities not specified here may become necessary as the Company, position, or the marketplace evolves with the changing business environment.
A successful candidate will enjoy a strong compensation package that is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical, Life, Dental, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation & Holidays, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K Plan.