Job Title: Senior Survey CAD Technician
- Under supervision, provides competency in computer-assisted drafting to support the production of engineering design documents.
- Applies fundamentals of engineering design and production of drawings in support of civil land development and water/wastewater engineering projects.
- Uses CAD system to enter the required data, such as precise measurements and commands, in order to generate designs, construction drawings, renderings, report graphics, interior drawings or other digital images.
- Develops, organizes and prepares a variety of highly complex layouts, drawings, and designs from written or verbal specifications, or from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technical professionals, converting paper documents into computerized files to be reviewed by a senior technical professional for conformance with specifications and client requirements.
- Develops plan and profile sheets, cross sections and corridors.
- Creates proposed surfaces using feature lines.
- Performs mathematical calculations necessary to complete simple and complex design tasks.
- Checks final design on-screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Develops and maintains standards and symbols to meet the specialized needs of a particular project or to facilitate or improve CAD utilization. Develops, writes and distributes procedures to other CAD users inside and outside own department.
- Assist in troubleshooting various CAD production technologies, including hardware and software. Provides intermediate/advanced training to technical personnel, as well as those interested in acquiring skills and knowledge of various CAD production technologies.
- May supply technical data for specifications and provide quantities and cost estimates.
- Maintains working knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and their application.
- Prepares graphic presentations to support feasibility studies and proposals.
Education and Experience:
- Generally requires a minimum of eight years of related experience in a combination of a technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions.
- Experience in grading, drainage, stormwater, and sewer management is needed.
- Experience in mechanical and detail piping for water/wastewater utility projects.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Paper space/model space layout/scaling
- Map/SID/image/aerial imagery insertion
- Surfaces/3D Modeling
- Point manipulation (import/export/rotation/translation)
- Familiar with Point Styles and Label Styles
- Sheet set manager
- Xref/Data ref
- Pipe networks
- Expertise in MicroStation is a plus
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer paid $50, 000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for over time