At Chastain Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is currently seeking CAD Designers with a passion for hands-on learning and a desire to be mentored by our senior CAD professionals.
This is an entry-level position. The right candidate will possess an understanding of drafting associated with the civil engineering design work process. This position will support a wide range of civil, water/wastewater, and transportation design projects for various public and private sector clients.
Project types could include water reclamation facilities, linear pipelines, pump stations, commercial/retail, industrial/distribution, residential, streets and roads, and parks and trails.
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- High school diploma/GED required, associate’s or technical degree preferred;
- 1-3 years of experience in CAD drafting or related work;
- Experience preparing plan and profile sheets;
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required;
- ArcGIS experience a plus;
- Effective communication skills;
- Must have a fundamental working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience.
Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. Chastain-Skillman reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime