At Chastain Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is currently seeking Civil Engineering Interns with a passion for hands-on learning to join our team in our Nashville office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the planning, conducting, and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work for commercial, industrial and/or residential projects
- Requires judgment in the independent evaluation and selection of project elements, systems, and processes
- Actively pursue continuing education opportunities to maintain a high level of technical proficiency
- Be cross-functional. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with clients, partnering teams, and community stakeholders
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Must have 0-4 years of experience in a consulting firm performing site civil design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering in an ABET-accredited program.
- Must have an EI certification.
- Experience in consulting/contracting or internship is a plus
- Must be able to work within a project team to meet deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime