At Chastain Skillman, we recruit top talent.
Our team is currently seeking Civil Project Engineers with a passion for hands-on learning to join our team in our Nashville office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work for commercial, industrial, and/or residential projects
- Requires judgment in independent evaluation and selection of project elements, systems, and processes
- Ability to document and defend the basis for how decisions were reached
- Listen and understand client/project needs and develop responsive engineering solutions while maintaining schedules and budgets
- Represent the firm in project-related meetings; may require travel during the day or overnight trips
- Prepare and respond to proposals (alongside Marketing Department)
- Supervise and/or coordinate the work of junior engineers or technicians
- Mentor junior engineering staff in civil site design, stormwater design, and permitting
- Participate in firm marketing efforts; not limited to but may include attending various marketing events and functions
- Be able to build and maintain relationships with clients, partnering teams, and community stakeholders
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Must have a minimum of 4-8 years of experience in a consulting firm performing civil site design, stormwater design, and permitting
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s preferred)
- Must have a Tennessee PE or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
Must have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Municipal Code Review
- Site Planning and Design
- Site Grading and Earthwork Stormwater Design and Modeling (ICPR preferred)
- Roadway Design
- Project Entitlements (zoning, land use, and permitting)
Permitting experience with the following desired:
- State Departments of Transportation
- State and Environmental Agencies
Highly preferred to have construction support and bid phase experience including:
- Quantity Takeoff and Probable Construction Cost
- Construction Specifications
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime