At Chastain Skillman, Inc. (CSI), we recruit top talent. We are currently seeking entry-level professionals to perform technical assignments under the coaching of mid-to-senior level professionals.
Our CSI Program is founded on the basic principle of helping our staff to be successful and enjoy coming to work. Applying to our CSI Program will enable your resume to be viewed and considered for entry into the program.
The CSI Program Professional performs a variety of tasks, which will develop knowledge and abilities required to apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, and which also provide experience and familiarization with the staff, methods, practices, and programs of the company.
- Completing designs/writing reports on routine projects with senior review by a licensed professional
- Analyses of work according to standard procedures on simple projects or on parts of more complex projects
- Competence in field inspections and characteristics of typical design systems
- Review of data furnished by others and for correctness of own data
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Extracurricular activities (sports, intramural, active club participation) or work while in school
- EI Certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, with the ability to learn commercial software applications required
- Overnight out of town travel and the ability to work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
These are full-time positions with competitive pay and benefits based on experience. A successful candidate must meet requirements of the company’s Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program.
Please submit a resume, cover letter/200-word statement of interest, and salary expectations for consideration (see “Apply Now” below).
Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime