Chastain-Skillman has experienced unprecedented growth in the past year and is looking for a Human Resources Director who is experienced, innovative, and ambitious, who can help us serve the changing needs of our staff and our clients.
An ideal candidate will have experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with multiple locations and have the enthusiasm and motivation to create policies, programs, and processes from scratch to support the identification of talent for our firm, the on-boarding of new talent, and the assistance of all our talent’s growth and development.
The position is open for our Lakeland HQ, Orlando, or Nashville office, or, remotely for the right person.
- Develop an overall recruiting strategy to identify top talent with diverse backgrounds, ranging from college-educated and licensed engineers with several years of experience to survey crew members with no professional education or experience.
- Create and implement professional development programs for talent throughout the organization including enhancing management capability, communications, and mentoring.
- Develop and manage training/learning opportunities.
- Manage compensation and benefits programs to ensure cost-effective and market aligned.
- Develop succession planning for all levels of the company including executives.
- Serve as a resource to Executives and Directors on HR issues.
- Support incentive planning and team/sales compensation needs within the firm.
- Design and implement an employee experience model to give the same company experience for onsite and remote employees.
- Work with HR partners and consultants on compliance-related issues.
- Graduate of 4-year bachelor’s degree program in Human Resources, similar business area or equivalent experience required.
- 8+ years of progressively more complex HR experience.
- HR certification through HRCU or SHRM is a plus.
- Experience in the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry is a plus.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of performing a broad range of tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in understanding local codes and technical design requirements of local jurisdictions.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
OUR CORE VALUES
Do What’s Right
Our reputation is everything.
One team, one goal, one vision.
Today’s actions determine tomorrow’s success.
Restless desire to learn, grow and advance.