At Chastain-Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is currently seeking a Professional Surveyor and Mapper with a passion for hands-on learning to join our team.
This position is responsible for the planning, execution, and production of various types of land survey drawings and map substitutes from inception to completion with minimal supervision and direction.
This position is open for our Lakeland, FL or Orlando, FL office.
- Participate in business development opportunities and maintain strong client relationships.
- Interact and communicate with the project team, clients, and other consultants.
- Coordinate and assist in preparing project estimates and schedules.
- Managing multiple projects concurrently, while insuring they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Guide, mentor, train, and directs survey staff in the completion of their assignments.
- Compile and research existing data for projects as needed to efficiently complete survey projects.
- Planning, coordination, and timely completion of field surveying for assigned projects.
- Analyze deeds, title reports, and other research materials for the production of survey maps and reports.
- Review field notes and data, daily records, and maps or reports received from survey staff.
- Ensure the QC process has been completed prior to survey product submission.
- Write and review descriptions and sketches.
- Sign and seal completed surveys.
- Licensed as a Professional Surveyor and Mapper in the State of Florida or ability to obtain license within 3 months, required.
- Four-year degree in Geomatics or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge in Trimble Business Center, ArcGIS Pro, Pix4D, Carlson is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of survey experience is preferred.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with AutoCAD, and Microsoft or related software programs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow direction and work cooperatively as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k and 401K Match
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
OUR CORE VALUES
Do What’s Right
Our reputation is everything.
One team, one goal, one vision.
Today’s actions determine tomorrow’s success.
Restless desire to learn, grow and advance.