At Chastain-Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our staff in either our Lakeland or Orlando office.
This position is responsible for collecting field data and information needed to prepare survey maps and plans as well as establishing the control necessary for infrastructure construction. Job tasks will be primarily outside, leading Survey Technicians, and working directly with clients or their representatives.
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Must be proficient in using robotic total stations, survey grade GPS in static and RTK modes, digital levels;
- Must have basic computer skills such as email, file retrieval, downloading/uploading and saving data;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record at the time of employment.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, officials and clients.
- Experience with 3D laser scanning, hydrographic surveys, UAV operations/aerial photogrammetry, Civil 3D is a plus;
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime