At Chastain Skillman, we recruit top talent. Chastain Skillman is growing, and we need Surveyors! Our team is currently seeking a Survey Field Technician in both our Lakeland office and our Nashville office.
This is an entry level position working on a survey field crew. Primary tasks for this position include loading field vehicles, cleaning equipment, clearing brush, and setting of survey stakes.
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Must have knowledge of basic math;
- Must have the ability/agility to perform various labor tasks in all weather conditions and various environmental atmospheres;
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma;
- Experience in surveying or a related field is not necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime