At Chastain-Skillman, we recruit top talent. Our team is currently seeking a Survey Field Technician in either our Lakeland or Orlando office.
This position on a survey field crew requires prior experience in the surveying and mapping field. Primary tasks include recovering survey markers with locating equipment, setting up survey equipment, making sketches and notes, equipment and vehicle operator maintenance, loading of vehicles, clearing brush, and communicating effectively with other team members and clients as necessary.
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Proficiency in basic math skills;
- Must have the ability/agility to perform various labor tasks in all weather conditions and various environmental atmospheres;
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school or possess an acceptable equivalency diploma;
- Must have prior experience in the field of Surveying and Mapping
We are an equal opportunity employer and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime