At Chastain Skillman, we recruit top talent. Chastain Skillman is growing, and we need Surveyors! Our team is currently seeking a Survey Team Leader in both our Lakeland office and our Nashville office.
This position is primarily responsible for providing the leadership and development of Chastain-Skillman’s surveying operations. This includes oversight of field crews, survey project management, team development and training and business development. As part of the Chastain-Skillman team, you assist other survey teams on projects as needed. You must be currently licensed in the state you will be practicing as a Professional Surveyor.
We all work together to achieve a common goal. You will work with engineers who design various types of systems and with contractors and operators who put those designs into practice. Working well within a team is important to your success.
Some projects require designing systems in phases. You should be able to foresee how the proposed designs will interact with other components of the larger system, including the workers, equipment, and the environment.
You may have to solve several issues at once when designing facilities and processes. Being able to identify and anticipate problems is necessary to prevent losses for the company, to safeguard the health of both workers and the general public, and mitigate environmental damage.
We work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. As workflow demands change, it may be necessary to support production requirements as part of a project team, and step into various roles.
Let’s start the conversation.
- Professional Surveyor and Mapper licensed, in good standing, in the State of Florida;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geomatics preferred;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record at the time of employment.
- Knowledge of AutoCADD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, and other office related software;
- Knowledge of the techniques used in the calculations of boundaries;
- Ability to prepare construction projects for field survey crews;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, with strong team leadership abilities;
- Experience with preparing budgets and proposal documents;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees, officials and clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental options
- Ability to participate in our 401k
- Life insurance including employer-paid $50,000 of AD&D
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Opportunities for overtime