At Chastain-Skillman (CS), you will find an established engineering firm that has been actively involved in the development of Central Florida for over 69 years. Our firm has longstanding relationships with private corporations as well as public governments in municipalities throughout Central Florida. If you choose to join our team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of clients and projects, gaining valuable on-the-job experience.
It is our goal to build the resumes of our employees through hands-on project experience and training as well as personalized instruction from seasoned professionals within our firm. CS values communication and collaboration in an enjoyable work environment.
We are proud of our past, but know that in order to continue our work, we need new talent. We invite you to join our team to help us carry on our legacy.
The CS Survey department provides a team atmosphere for anyone who likes to be outdoors and offers:
- VARIETY – As a member of our survey team, you will be involved in an extensive array of project types, including shopping centers, hospitals, roadways, colleges, parks, airports and parking lots.
- COLLABORATION – Because Survey is the primary building block for nearly all our services at CS, you will be working collaboratively with engineers, geologists, CAD designers and other professionals in our civil and environmental departments.
- TECHNOLOGY – We believe that it is essential to utilize the latest technology in order to stay competitive in this market. Our survey field crews are equipped with the latest Trimble robotic total Stations and Trimble GPS receivers, which enable our team to work more efficiently, while still maintaining a high level of quality. Our project management team utilizes Trimble Business Center and AutoCAD Civil 3D for field data processing and office calculations.
SURVEY CREW CHIEF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform Boundary Alta/NSPS Land Title, Topographic, Volume/Quantity, and As-Built Surveys, establish and maintain control for said surveys, and construction support surveying services.
- Responsible for the planning, organizing, and supervision of daily job assignments, training, and instructing of the survey field crew.
- Responsible for cleaning and providing general maintenance to survey equipment, assigned crew supplies, and vehicle maintenance.
- Read and interpret maps, legal descriptions, and construction plans.
- Knowledge of Trimble Access and Robotic Total Station preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Experience with land surveying required
All qualified applicants can send their resumes to Pamela Rodriguez at email@example.com