Chastain-Skillman was honored to accept the 2019 Grand Award for Engineering Excellence in Water & Stormwater Engineering for our work on PK Avenue from the American Council of Engineering Consultants of Florida (ACEC-FL).
Chastain-Skillman engineers Jason Alligood and Jim Chastain attended the awards banquet on Friday, July 26th with Jay Hood from S&ME and Jeff Tillman from the City of Auburndale. Other grand award winners included:
- Walt Disney Imagineering’s Pandora the World of Avatar
- NASA’s KSC Crawlerway Analysis for SLS
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority’s South Airport Automated People Mover and Consolidated Rental Car Center
Only eight grand award winners and honor award winners were chosen throughout the state of Florida.
Thank you to the City of Auburndale and our project team that made this ambitious project a reality.
- S&ME: Landscape Architectural Design Services
- CivilSurv: Traffic Signals and Street Lighting
- Madrid Engineering Group: Geotechnical Engineering
- George F. Young, Inc.: Subsurface Utility Engineering
- Chastain-Skillman: Survey, Watershed Planning, Conceptual Design, Feasibility Analysis, Land Acquisition Support, Cooperative Funding Coordination, Permitting, and Advanced H&H and Pollutant Load Modeling
This project also won the 2019 Award of Merit from the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA-FL).