Chastain-Skillman is proud to be on the project team that made this cutting-edge facility a reality.
Chastain-Skillman, Inc. (CS) partnered with HOK Group, Inc. to design the new Applied Research Center at Florida Polytechnic University (FPU). CS provided professional civil engineering and surveying services for the Applied Research Center.
- A topographic survey of the project site;
- Preparation of a preliminary site plan for the proposed building improvements — this site plan consisted of 90,000 sf building and paved service court to accommodate deliveries;
- Site work design — included the preparation of the civil engineering design drawings and construction specifications for the project;
- Site permitting — preparation of site work permit applications for agency permits including Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD) Environmental Resource Permit Modification, FPU/State Fire Marshall, and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit;
- Limited construction services — limited on-site construction observation services during construction activities to determine if the work is proceeding in general conformance with plans.
FPU hosted the building’s ribbon cutting on August 18th, 2022.
and Bid Completion