Sustainable and Cost-effective
Chastain-Skillman brings a “One-Water” approach to water & wastewater planning, treatment, and linear infrastructure planning, funding support, design, permitting, and construction administration.
Our professionals offer the expertise of a large consultancy with the familiarity of the hometown team. We understand the challenges of regional municipalities. With growing populations and budget limitations, it is our goal to provide sustainable and cost-effective solutions for any of your water/wastewater needs.
We also understand the concerns of those that work with water and wastewater systems. Solutions must be reliable and environmentally friendly to be successful. We take pride in considering the interconnection between water systems and how they impact the surrounding environment.
Water / Wastewater Engineering
Our team develops new and innovative solutions to control the provision of safe water, the disposal of wastewater, and the mitigation of flood risk. As part of our Water Resource Management services, we work to identify additional sources, improve utilization of existing withdrawals, enable water reuse, and promote demand management.
MASTER PLANNING & MODELING
Water & wastewater master planning is a key element needed to develop water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure. We develop calibrated GIS-based models as tools to address plant capacity issues, level of service, fire flow requirements, and assess risk.
Consistent with our “One Water” philosophy, we relentlessly focus on ways to integrate utility needs with the overall environment.
- Facility planning
- Capital improvement planning
- Feasibility studies
- Treatment plant optimization
- Useful service life assessment and asset management
- Advance hydraulic modeling and distribution planning
- Water quality modeling & analysis
Chastain-Skillman provides a full range of engineering design services for water and wastewater infrastructure projects. Our engineers and designers can provide full contract document packages for traditional design-bid-build projects as well as request for proposals for design-build projects. We are prepared to tackle your project from the conceptual phase through final design.
- Water supply & treatment
- Water storage & distribution systems
- Wastewater treatment
- Sewer collection systems
- Pump stations, booster stations, & lift stations
- Trenchless construction methods
- Inflow & infiltration analysis
- Pipeline rehabilitation
PERMITTING & COMPLIANCE SERVICES
Regulatory requirements for water and wastewater utilities are constantly evolving. Chastain-Skillman is ready to assist with all your permitting and compliance needs including:
- Water supply & consumptive use
- Wastewater facility re-permitting & modifications
- New facility permitting
- Effluent reuse & disposal
- Regulatory support services
- Potable water compliance issues
Construction management is critical to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the plans & specifications. More importantly, construction management monitors the contractor’s work to confirm that the owner gets the project they paid for. Our engineers and field representatives provide these critical services to make sure you get what you want:
- Bidding assistance
- Submittal review
- Request for Information (RFI) response
- Pay application processing
- Change order review
- Resident project representative services
- Punch lists
- Record drawings
- Certification and close-out process
GRANT/LEGISLATIVE FUNDING SUPPORT
Project funding is a key driver in today’s challenging economic climate. We help our municipal and government clients identify funding sources for their projects. Our services include funding application processing, administration, and close-out. Our funding experience include:
- Department of Environmental Protection
- Community Development Block Grants
- Economic Development Agency
- Water Management District (SWFWMD)
- Community Budget Issue Requests/Legislative Grants (CBIR/LP)
- USDA Rural Development
- State Revolving Fund
- Small Communities Wastewater Facilities Grant Program (SCWFGP)
- American Iron & Steel
- Davis-Bacon compliance